The small regional airport of Girona is served by the Sagalés bus company, which operates its own multilingual information portal for its airport routes: https://www.sagalesairportline.com/en. All bus lines that serve Girona Airport directly can be found at the following link: https://www.sagalesairportline.com/en/timetables-and-lines/girona.
As of June 2017, bus line no. 607 runs approximately every hour between downtown Girona and the airport. There is a train station in Girona itself. This is on the Barcelona - Girona - Figueres - Llançà - Portbou railway line. Portbou, in turn, is the starting point of stage 1 - see also information in the "Regional train connection" section below Arrival from Barcelona). If you want to start the hike with a different stage, you have to change at Figueres station to the Sarfa/Moventis buses. These serve almost all the coastal towns of the northern Costa Brava from Figueres.
In short, there are direct connections or connections with (sometimes multiple) changes from Girona Airport to the following locations:
- to the city centre of Girona or to the railway station there (bus see info above).
- to Llançà and Portbou (by train from Girona, starting points of stages 1 and 2)
- to Figueres (by train from Girona). From Figueres continue with the bus lines from Sarfa/Moventis to the following places:
- to Cadaqués (every 1 to 2 hours, starting point of stage 3)
- to Roses and Empuriabrava (several times an hour, starting point of stage 4)
- to L'Escala (every 1 to 2 hours, starting point of stage 5)
- to Torroella de Montgrí (every 1 to 2 hours, starting point of stage 6)
- to Lloret de Mar (directly from Girona airport, for those who want to do the tour backwards)
- to Barcelona (directly from Girona airport)