The small regional airport of Girona is served by the Sagalés bus company, which operates its own multilingual information portal for its airport routes: https://www.sagalesairportline.com/en. All bus lines that serve Girona Airport directly can be found at the following link: https://www.sagalesairportline.com/en/timetables-and-lines/girona.
Bus route no. 607 operates as of June 2017 approximately hourly between Girona city centre and the airport. There is a railway station in Girona itself. It is on the Barcelona - Girona - Figueres - Llançà - Portbou railway line. Portbou in turn is the starting point of stage 1 - see also information in the section "Regional train connection" under Arrival from Barcelona). If you want to start the hike with a different stage, you have to change at Figueres station to the Sarfa/Moventis buses. These serve almost all the coastal towns of the northern Costa Brava from Figueres.
In brief, there are direct connections or connections with (sometimes multiple) transfers from Girona airport to the following placee:
- to the city centre of Girona or to the railway station there (bus see info above).
- to Llançà and Portbou (by train from Girona, starting points of Stage 1 and 2)
- to Figueres (by train from Girona). From Figueres continue with the Bus lines from Sarfa/Moventis to the following places:
- to Cadaqués (every 1 to 2 hours, starting point from Stage 3)
- to Roses and Empuriabrava (several times an hour, starting point from Stage 4)
- to L'Escala (every 1 to 2 hours, starting point from Stage 5)
- to Torroella de Montgrí (every 1 to 2 hours, starting point from Stage 6)
- to Lloret de Mar (directly from Girona airport, for those who want to do the tour backwards)
- to Barcelona (directly from Girona airport)