The enterprise www.costabravataxi.de has recently started offering luggage transport for hikers on the Camí de Ronda (i.e. on the GR 92 section on the Costa Brava). The service is even tailored to the stages we propose! So if you are interested in a hike with luggage transport, you will find what you are looking for there from now on. The taxi company based in Roses (stopover from Stage 3) is run by German-speaking owners who can also be easily reached by telephone.
So you can plan your hike completely individually, book hotels and guesthouses according to your taste and from now on you also have the option of booking luggage transport. A few tips and restrictions on what you should consider when transporting luggage:
- Luggage is generally transported from hotel to hotel during the day (pickup after breakfast). When you arrive at the hotel, you should let them know that the suitcases will be picked up by CostaBravaTaxi the next day and also inform the next hotel that the suitcases will arrive before you. As a rule, you will not see the taxi drivers at all.
- A clear labeling of the luggage with details of the next destination hotel is recommended to prevent misunderstandings.
- When planning the stage, it must be taken into account that an overnight stay at the starting point of the first stage must be planned. Otherwise it will be difficult to hand over the luggage. In concrete terms, this means: you spend the night before stage 1 in Portbou and only hike to Llançà the next day. On the other hand, if you are traveling without transporting your luggage, you could also arrive in Portbou in the morning and start hiking straight away (half-day hike). Unfortunately, this is not possible with luggage transport.
- In our stage descriptions we have mentioned different variants in several places - but CostaBravaTaxi does not cover all variants. Specifically, the following restrictions must therefore be taken into account:
- After stage 3 you have to spend the night in Roses - the variant "Overnight stay in Empuriabrava" is not possible. For this, the luggage transport for stage 4 (from Roses to L'Escala) is calculated in such a way that the taxi driver picks up your luggage and you in Roses and drives a short detour to bring you to the starting point of stage 4 in Empuriabrava.
- An overnight stay in the Hotel Cala Joncols on stage 3 is not possible.
- However, it is entirely possible to spend two nights in Cadaqués.
- Stage 10 is not covered by luggage transport. The final destination for luggage transport is Tossa de Mar.
- The prices calculated by CostaBravaTaxi refer to the capacity of a taxi, so it is possible to share the luggage transport with several people (assuming the same accommodations, max. 5 medium-sized suitcases + 5x hand luggage)
The booking can be made using the form below https://www.costabravataxi.de/de/sonstige-transfers/gepacktransport-auf-dem-cami-de-ronda/59/1/ or by telephone on +34 610 290 891. A lead time of at least one week is requested. In addition, all accommodation must be determined at the time of booking the luggage transport. Incidentally, airport transfers are also available there.
We would be happy to receive feedback on luggage transport!